The aim of modern education system is not only to raise a person who is aware of many professional and general facts about the world but also to bring up a fully-fledged student in such a way that he/she may implement the potential in society and for society. The top priority task for colleges, institutes and other educational establishments is to develop a personality. That is why a wide range of extracurricular activities for young people with different interests is represented nowadays all over the world.
So what type of extracurricular activities can the modern student be engaged in:
- Student Government is widespread in many colleges. This type of extracurricular activities gives students the opportunity to feel themselves responsible for his/her actions and for other students.
- Almost in every college students may try his/her abilities in sport. This type of activities is very interesting because besides physical training it gives the student the right to participate in various important competitions.
- Extracurricular activities meet many expectations. If a student is interested in art (music, dance, theater, painting and others) he/she may enjoy his/her college life being a member of this or that group of art.
- Some students are interesting in scientific researches and academic improvement. If they are they may become members of Academic and Professional Organizations. This group of extracurricular activities helps students to acquire experience in various spheres.
- For those students who are interested in social life they may become volunteers and perform different socially-related activities: to help old people, plant trees, tutor other students on different subjects etc.
The choice of extracurricular activity depends on a student because he/she should be aware of the aspects of life he/she is interested in and get pleasure being occupied with this or that activity.